At Garden Court, our team of accredited mediator barristers have expertise in the following areas, although they are willing to help with all sorts of civil, commercial, family and workplace mediations. For Family Mediation, please see the separate tab.
- Court of Protection/Community care
- Education and SEN
- Employment and workplace
- False Imprisonment/Detention claims
- Judicial Review/Public Law
- Personal Injury
The disputes we mediate range in size and complexity and can be mediated in a couple of hours, half a day or a whole day as appropriate. Some mediations involve more than two parties and may or may not involve legal advisers attending. Settlement found at mediation can include financial arrangements but also very practical elements including apologies, references or actions by one or all parties. If agreed and signed, the Settlement Agreement constitutes a legally binding document which can bring to an end any legal proceedings or prevent them starting.
See examples of cases we have already mediated. You will see it is a flexible process which the mediator controls using her/his experience of that which is most likely to result in settlement.
Feedback our mediators have received includes:
- ‘The mediator was very committed to the two parties reaching an Agreement’
- ‘We felt the mediator read the situation fairly and impartially. We don’t think she could have done any more than she did’
- ‘We are relieved and happy about the outcome of the mediation. The mediator was flawless’