Marina is a barrister and CEDR accredited mediator with 18 years of wide-ranging civil and public law expertise. In her legal practice Marina is adept at dealing with negotiations in, but not limited to, disputes arising in housing, homelessness, disrepair, possession, community care, public law and civil actions. Marina is regularly instructed by the Official Solicitor.
Marina also has experience in Inquest and Prison Law, working closely with bereaved families. While her legal experience makes Marina suitable for housing and public law claims, Marina’s mediation practice encompasses other areas where civil and commercial disputes arise.
Marina’s calm and approachable manner, whilst remaining clear and authoritative are key ingredients which make her an effective mediator. Throughout her career, Marina has adopted a collaborative approach to negotiation and strongly believes that a neutral setting provides the best opportunity to resolve even the most intractable of disputes.
Marina is a mentor for students who are considering a career at the Bar, organised through Access to the Bar for All and has a talent for discerning needs even when they are not articulated.
Outside of chambers, Marina was a visiting lecturer at Southbank University for post graduate students and has sat on the Governing Body of a local primary school. In 2016 she Co-founded The Vicky Sergides Foundation (TVSF), a stomach cancer charity of which she remains a Trustee.
Marina is always willing to have a confidential and informal discussion with parties prior to taking on a mediation.
- Contributed to the Legal Action Group Magazine
- Handbook on Housing, Law Society 2009
- Civil Mediation Council Ltd
- Housing Law Practitioners Association (HLPA)
- Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA)
- Trustee of The Vicky Sergides Foundation (TVSF)
What the parties say
- Marina was praised for her methodical approach and for understanding the issues that really mattered
- Barrister 2000
- CEDR accreditation 2018
Areas of mediation practice
- Anti-Social Behaviour Injunctions
- Boundary Disputes
- Community care
- Civil and commercial
- Court of Protection
- Employment and Discrimination
- Housing, Landlord & Tenant
- Judicial Review
- Public Law